Skip to main content

Chris Perguidi: The Lost Files

Chris Perguidi: Lost Files

I meant to publish this first interview with Chris Perguidi on my website at www.integritycomics.com way back in April 2013, but, unfortunately, work and school put a hold on everything important like dance, art, music and comic books. 
Chris before Creepy Kofy on TV 20 
Allan before Creepy Kofy appearance on TV 20

Fortunately, I found the interview and it really is interesting to go back to a time when things were more innocent. It has been a trying year for Chris and I. It has been a year of disfigurement for both of us.

I was disfigured first about 4 months ago starting my last semester at San Jose State University. I was so shocked at what had happened to me that the first thing I tried to get a hold of was Chris. 

I found that he has always been like a brother to me. Just because he gets it! We dissect the styles of artists from Rob Liefeld to Jim Lee, not so much George Perez, because he’s more technically gratuitous than anyone of the genre, but there are quirks that many artists do that become their Achille’s heel. And we exploit these to the point where we can't stop ourselves from laughing, which I hope to detail in my first book on how to draw.

Or we would watch a segment on 20/20 after a grueling interaction with fans in the Los Angeles area while attending WonderCon and make funny comments on any new story we find. So while we were watching this story about kids who suffered from tourette’s syndrome, we wondered if we were suffering from it too and each would have a punchline that would have as laughing our asses off. Or the time when we were abducted by aliens but that’s another story…

There are many articles, newspapers and television stations talking about the PokemonGo! stabbings but Chris filmed a video and did an interview that would foretell this incident. Many years ago, Chris did a movie about augmented reality looking for Pokemon’s, check this out:


And this isn’t the first time Chris was stabbed. Check out my interview that was done around April of 2013 just a month before posting the video on youtube over here:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The PokemonGo! Murder Mystery

Things haven't been the same since Chris was stabbed in the face while playing PokemonGo! He used to be buff all over but you can clearly see the effects of the injury. His upper torso lost all its muscles and he gained weight in his stomach. There was a somber mood in the air with a couple of instances here and there where he seems to forget what had happened and make light of the unfortunate turn of events. People keep saying you're lucky you should take advantage of this situation, because the story is broadcast worldwide from Vietnam and to outlets like Telemundo. But the story is more or less than that. At the end of the day, I think Chris really just wants to get back from the abyss of flashbacks, the horror, and get back to the Chris that everyone knows, i.e. The Man, The Myth, The Legend. Chris Perguidi: The Man, The Myth, The Legend I've been in this position myself. This point where someone violates you in a way that it makes you sick to your stomach. I

Chris Perguidi: A new hero must rise!

Someone in boxing class asked me if my friend was coming to class. She’s seen his story in Metro and attended the previous class mentioned in the last blog. She was hoping he was okay and I wanted to reassure her that he was okay so I said, “He’s stronger than you think he is. He’s from Gilroy. He grew up around coyotes and played with them.” And I said all these with a straight face and no one thought to question… “coyotes?” Because the whole thing is just so bizarre, so complicated and it’s…  real! How did these people know Chris? He was stabbed in the face by 2 people, one, a stocky robust man, and another, a woman, in downtown San Jose who thought he was filming them while playing the phenomenon of the moment with more users than either Instagram or Facebook, PokemonGo! To iterate, when someone is stabbed, you're thinking chest, back, but the face?!? That in itself trumps growing up with coyotes and playing with them as a child. Media playing upon media, it’s like a neurot

Chris Perguidi: The Man, the Myth, the Legend

On the eve of my birthday I was trying to meet a deadline on an Erika America comic book. At about 3 AM, I finished the task and sent the PNG files over to my frequent collaborator and friend, Chris Perguidi. Erika Amerika is a character that Chris had me work on when we first met sometime back in 2008. EA is about a super heroine with an American Indian heritage. Since then, we have been working on projects together and have appeared many times in newspapers and television promoting our comic books like Herotown, Erika America, The Baby Warriors, etc. As soon as files were sent to his email, I would usually get a response and within hours or the next day I would get feedback usually in the form of ”Amazing”, “Fantastic”, but for some odd reason… nothing. A day passed and nothing, another day nothing. On the third day, as I opened my Facebook I saw this post (I couldn't get far enough on his FB to retrieve the actual post, but something similar to this about 4 days later):